Thursdays in Black
What is the Thursdays in Black campaign?
The Thursdays in Black campaign is an international campaign that has long been advocating and raising awareness for the end of violence against women. YWCA Victoria has initiated a local campaign aimed at Victorians to show solidarity with victims of gender violence and to raise funds for YWCA's women's housing and education programs.
YWCA Victoria's Thursdays in Black will RAISE funds for projects and initiatives to end gender based violence.
The funds will SUPPORT the YWCA Victoria in their goal to end gender inequality, and act as a show of solidarity against all forms of gender based violence.
The YWCA Victoria's mission is to EMPOWER individuals with the tools to make confident and informed choices around personal safety and consent.
Together we will UNITE in the fight to raise awareness for gender equality to stop gender based violence.
Join us by wearing BLACK on any Thursday in October and contributing via a gold coin donation.
How does the Thursdays in Black campaign work?
- Allocate a 'wear black' day on a Thursday in October
- Register your event with YWCA Victoria by emailed firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your Thursdays in Black Booklet
- Promote the 'wear black' day at your school or workplace and encourage participants to bring a gold coin donation
- Hold your Thursdays in Black day and use the resources provided in your Booklet
- YWCA sends a sector expert/advocate in stopping gender based violence to speak at your school or workplace
- After your event send back funds raised to YWCA Victoria using the information provided in your Booklet
Or email us at email@example.com
Head to our Thursdays in Black Facebook Page.
Email us! Or call the Fundraising and Events team on 8341 8700.